hurricane Earl rolling in - pls post info & observations

abwjms

hurricane Earl rolling in - pls post info & observations

Post by abwjms »

Watching Earl and its track seems to make it likely to come close to DE shores - hurricane watch has just been extended north to Cape Henlopen.

For all FFLN residents, be aware, and think about what you might not want outside in trop storm force winds.

For fulltime FFLN folk, pls keep the rest of us informed if you have time, with posts during & after, if it's a bad one (and you see/experience damage).

Thanks, we'll be rolling in during the week after.
edrutecki

Re: hurricane Earl rolling in - pls post info & observations

Post by edrutecki »

Friday 11:00am, winds about 11mph (according to the weather station on my roof), light rain. It is low tide right now so no flooding. No problems although some friends were coming to visit from Cape May but the ferry system shut down, other than that so far no problems. I'll update later.
abwjms

Post by abwjms »

great, thanks. I saw high tide was midafternoon, and it being neap tides (?) was hoping the surge wouldn't be too bad. I've received assurances that FF has never had a flooding problem due to the high grading, but I don't want to test the proposition if I can avoid it (some things in the garage would do better without floating in salt water...).

Thanks for the info, let us know how it ends up.
edrutecki

Post by edrutecki »

5:30pm, high tide is somewhere in the next hour. No signs of any flooding, very little rain, wind about 9mph. All in all this has been a nothing storm as far as Fairfield is concerned, which is good, we don't need the added expense of storm damage.