Air Conditioners??

Jetty

Air Conditioners??

Post by Jetty »

Does anyone have a problem with their air conditioner tripping the fuse box? Would it have anything to do with having a 4th floor and it's just too much for the air conditioning unit to handle? Once again, would that be Anderson Homes not building with the correct materials??? Anyone else have this problem. I know my neighbor's air trips, too. I am told this is a fire hazard.
huynh_tb
Site Admin

Re: Air Conditioners??

Post by huynh_tb »

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your air conditioner tripped the breaker. My air condition has not tripped. But my unit is only 3 levels. So it may be different.

There are many reasons that the air conditioner can trip the breaker. One of the reason is that there is a short in the system: wire short to ground; the compressor aging faster due to working to hard; or short in the fan. You can do a simple check by cleaning the unit and making sure that electrical wiring is not loose and touching the chassis. If you could not find any thing with a simple fix, consider to call a repairman to look at the unit. He properly has an idea what causing the problem.

Good luck and let us know the progress.

Toan
Bldg6, Unit 2
GregZerphy

Post by GregZerphy »

Jetty,

We have not had that issue with the AC and we do have a finished loft.

Greg
Jetty

Post by Jetty »

Interesting. My neighbor and I do, so I'll have to call a repairman and see what the problem is. Thanks to those that responded.