Our Wonderful Home at Fairfield

lwklutedc

Our Wonderful Home at Fairfield

Post by lwklutedc »

We bought a year ago, on Jan 31, 2008. We bought our unit because we a specific needs.. we wanted an end unit, and a unit on facing the wetlands. And, we didn't want a unit that shared screed enclosures with lots of people--we bought for privacy. Unit 35799 on S. Glou was the perfect unit. But it was never lived in by owners, the owners wanted their parents from PA to live there.. but, they backed out. So, they rented.. and rented.. they people they rented to created havoc to units around them. Our neighbors are so thankful that we bought this unit. I'm glad we did too.. because we ended up with a shell. the renters had totally destroyed the unit after only a few years..the following is what we had to do after the $239K unit: 1. total new carpet (from the owner); all new appliances (the one's there had been stolen and old greasy units were there); 3. Missing, ripped screens; 4. All fixtures broken (all) even the wirlpool bath.. 5. Roach investation; 6. Leaking sun room ceiling; 7. Red wine on the ceiling; 8. Cig burns on the marble master bath sink; 9; broken locks on the door; 10. wires and sat dish that we had to remove; 11. kicked in smashed in doors; 12 destroyed smoke detectors, because they bipped, ripped out of the ceiling' 12. damage to all doors and locks and holes in the walls.

This is our wonderful experience at Fairfield.. But, we put about $40K into improvements, because we love this community. And, our neighbors love of for moving in and not having the renters throw trash into the wetlands or throw lighted cigerattes which burned their furniture. They are glad we are here.. and we are glad that we are here too.
Jack Layton

Re: Our Wonderful Home at Fairfield

Post by Jack Layton »

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hopefully all has turned out for the better since you moved in. Good luck in the future. I bought in June 2006. I had tenants for the first two years, worked out great. Unfortunately, they had to move (financial) in November, 2008 and so it sits vacant. Hopefully it will be rented out come spring.

Again welcome.

Jack Layton