Trash Disposal

Jack Layton

Trash Disposal

Post by Jack Layton »

I had a message from Moor Disposal telling me that the cost for trash pickup would be $45/qtr. I do not have any details on the service as they were closed when I got home.

Did anyone else receive a call from them, or have details? That is at least $80.00 per year cheaper then the other companies.

Jack
tbhuynh

Re: Trash Disposal

Post by tbhuynh »

Moore Disposal left a yellow note in front of my door and several other neighbors' doors.

LET'S TALK TRASH....

Its money in your pocket!

$15.00/month or $45.00/qtr

No contract to sign, No fuel surcharge
Yes, a container is also included!

MOOR DISPOSAL SERVICE
302.945-7824
tbhuynh

Post by tbhuynh »

Sent: Sat 6/28/08 12:03 PM
I feel I should not have to carry my trash home with me even though I am a weekend unit.
I would also like to know where the money went that we already paid into for the trash collection.
I feel we need to look into getting another company to for see where our money is being spent because it does not look like Excel is doing a good job for us. I do not like the fax that we already pay enough money in on a monthly bases and now they want us to pay an extra $600.00 dollars more.
tbhuynh

Post by tbhuynh »

Sent: Sat 6/28/08 4:42 PM
I hear you. I think the general membership should have voted on this issue. A lot of people feel very strongly about it.

Rosemary
sdrussell

Post by sdrussell »

Yes, it's true. I received a call from Alice at Moor disposal with the same quoted price. She informed me that they were also putting flyers in everyones door regarding their service. We rent out unit so I will pass this on to our tenants.
abwjms

Post by abwjms »

I gathered from the pool meeting discussion that the trash service had been discontinued because the contract anniversary had come up. Further, I though I heard Dave Baldo say that the contract would be restarted and carried month-to-month, because the choice to terminate turned out to be so unpopular. Please post if I'm incorrect on this.

I get the impression that the two issues are:
1. high cost of old contract (with a side issue of: if there's no contract, where's the HOA money that was assessed for trash pickup now going ? maybe that hadn't been decided yet ?)

vs.

2. inconvenience of not having garbage pickup (with two side issues of: some people don't mind bagging it home, others do, AND everyone having their own carting company coming in at different days becomes ridiculous)

Personally I like individual trash cans (tipsters ? - learning the vocabulary...) better than dumpsters; dumpsters invite a mess around them cause someone inevitably breaks a trash bag or misses the opening, and invite four-legged vermin (rats & bugs) and two-legged mischief (kids with matches/fireworks).

Given all this, does it make sense to just negotiate a new contract, for tipster service, with a different company ? Waste mgmt (if I got that right) is big but they're obviously not the only game in town.

New contract means:
- no need to individually set up your service
- no need to cart your trash home
- presumably a better rate (why renegotiate if not ?)
- single pickup schedule for all units, rather than everyone's hauler coming on a different day

does that make sense ?
Donald Roe

Post by Donald Roe »

What happens to folks like us who have already paid for a new trash service based on an official letter sent out by Excel requiring us to do so?

I hope nobody paid the special assessment yet. That will probably get changed also.

How are decisions being made around here anyhow and who's making them?

Don
tbhuynh

Post by tbhuynh »

Here is an update on Fairfield trash service
Subject: IMPORTANT UPDATE ON YOUR FAIRFIELD TRASH SERVICE
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:37:15 -0400

Hello,
Please read the following attachment regarding some updated news on the trash service in the Fairfield Community. Have a great weekend.

Thank you
Kelly
Attachments
Fairfield trash extension memo 07-09-2008.pdf
Fairfield Trash Extension Memo
(26.1 KiB) Downloaded 484 times