appreciate your post here if power goes out in FF tomorrow

abwjms

appreciate your post here if power goes out in FF tomorrow

Post by abwjms »

not wanting to be alarmist, but just considering scenarios, tomorrow's snowstorm is forecast (weather channel) to bring 6-12 inches to DE.

In case power goes out in DE but you're still able to get to the internet, your post here saying that it's out, and what time it went out if you know, will be appreciated.

Let's hope it all comes off well for everyone.
edrutecki

Re: appreciate your post here if power goes out in FF tomorrow

Post by edrutecki »

No power outages and no sprinkler breaks. All is cold and very windy from what I've heard.

Ed
abwjms

Post by abwjms »

great (aside from cold and windy). Let's hope it stays that way. I got a hold of a bunch of webcams including one at the north end of the Indian River bridge, and the snowfall didn't seem excessive. So the variable of snow/ice causing powerline breaks isn't so important (I hear your comment about the attic insulation being the overriding factor). May the situation hold until warmer temps on Saturday.
edrutecki

Post by edrutecki »

The big issue right now are the condensate pipes freezing. Bob McLucas and another resident spent the day running around unfreezing them with a heatgun.

I don't have a good solution for this right now. I "googled" the issue and it seems to be a major problem in the U.K. I was planning on putting a heat cord on mine even though it is not recommended. Unfortunately the order was cancelled because of a national backorder. There are no stores in my area that have any left.

I'll keep searching. Maybe I can come up with a permanent solution.

Ed
abwjms

Post by abwjms »

as you know, I found two examples of what you describe. I had the same experience with heat tape at my local Lowe's (manuf. cannot get the materials to make more this season, per the Lowe's salesperson). For my part, I'll see if I can find someone who has a solution, I'll let you know.