The Dumpster

edrutecki

The Dumpster

Post by edrutecki »

The continual abuse of the dumpster has gotten to be a major issue.

I'm thinking an 18ft fence with a card access system and camera system would pretty much solve the problem but we are not in any kind of a financial position to persue such an endevor. Since money is so tight right now we can only work with the tools that we have. Moving it is not an option at this time. Ways are going to have to be found to make it work where it is. The only other option is to pull it out entirely.

The main premise for having the dumpster in the first place is so that weekend residents can dispose of their trash without leaving trash totes out in the neighborhood. Only residential garbage is to be put into the dumpster. Recycles, cardboard/paper and bulk items need to be taken to Delaware State Reclaimation Center 6miles north on Rt 5. All full time residents and tenants are to utilise their totes. Special exemptions can be had with Council approval.

Charlie Stephan as promised at the last HOA meeting has researched and offered to install a camera system. The cost to the homeowners would be $260.00. Charlie offered his labor free of charge. We are kind of limited on what we can do in this area as we have no commercial power on the dumpster side of the road.

After the latest incident Charlie brought up a very good point. We should really have a sign next to the dumpster clearly stating the rules. I also think this should be a must do thing.

Another option that has been brought up is to put a locked chainlink gate accross the front of the dumpster. This gate would have a lock only legal homeowners would have the combination to.

Please take the time to share your thoughts but be respectful to one another. Even the most obscure idea could be the basis for turning this headache around.

Thank you,

Ed Rutecki
edrutecki

Re: The Dumpster

Post by edrutecki »

Just a quick update. A sign stating in detail the rules of the dumpster has been approved by Council.

Hopefully it will be in place by the end of the month.

Ed
edrutecki

Post by edrutecki »

9-28-2013 010.jpg
The new sign is now in place.
Vincent_Przybyla

Post by Vincent_Przybyla »

Although after the fact:

Why is money so tight--and why are we discussing more costs to the residents? I see posts dating back to 2008 questioning the same. Is there a community statement to which I have access? I would very much like an itemized statement for the past year's costs. Please advise how I can obtain such details.

Vincent Przybyla