anyone else get an astronomical bill from Suburban propane ?

abwjms

Re: anyone else get an astronomical bill from Suburban propa

Post by abwjms »

I looked at old bills and our usage went from about 1.25 cuft/day to 2 cuft/day during the same period ~Feb1-Mar15 compared to past years. Question there is whether the cold temps account for the increase.

I think it's a stretch that the new company misread everyone's meter, but it's a possibility. The increased usage multiplied by the vertical increase in gas costs for DE accounts for the math and the final bill.

To me, the new propane energy economy is not serving us the public (increasing costs to almost $4/cuft after Jan 1st is what Joe Pesci's line in Lethal Weapon about what they do to you at the drivethru referred to) and a new contract for the community with a negotiated rate seems like a good step to reducing the bad effects here.
abwjms

Post by abwjms »

whoops, double post
edrutecki

Post by edrutecki »

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/2 ... tions.html

This is an interesting read.

Another factor is previous cold snaps only seemed to last a couple of days. This year it stayed cold almost the whole winter. A couple residents also commented on the lack of sun. The extented cloudy conditions kept the solar heating that naturally occurs from happening.

I for one am glad that the winter of 2014 is behind us.
tinman

Post by tinman »

Some thing is terribly wrong with suburban's billing and usage , my thermostat is also set at 55 degrees, nov. dec. and jan. usage ranged from 28 gals. to 41 gals... Feb. usage was billed at 212 gals. used . ??? at $3.79 gal. I call our local propane company for a gal. price , surprise it was $2.39 a gal. and that was based on a delivery of 100 gals. Suburban Propane are thiefs as far as I'm concerned...